Why Winston Eco-Strategies
High level strategy, concrete tools to execute, and the knowledge to put them all together.
Corporate strategy is often compared to chess, but we see environmental strategy as a messier game, more like football. Mud may be flying, you may need to call an "audible" and change directions quickly, you may get blitzed when you're not ready, and the performance of individuals can make for perfect execution...or big penalties.
Our consulting offerings help navigate this tricky terrain and give companies both an overall view on how they're doing on environmental issues, and concrete guidance on execution -- steps to take in the short, medium, and long term to create value from environmental thinking.
Developing robust eco-strategies that are sensitive to environmental issues takes hard work and a unique combination of skills -- for the company as a whole and for the executives in charge.
Winston Eco-Strategies can help your company develop the skills and tools to create both a good defense against the forces coming to bear, and a strong, innovative offense to exploit new opportunities.
WES founder Andrew Winston bases his approach on an unusual mix of experience, including:
- On-the-ground, in-company business experience, including executive positions and P&L responsibility at companies such as Time Warner and Viacom, as well as start-up and "dot-com" experience
- Top-notch consulting training at one of the world's best strategy firms, Boston Consulting Group
- Four years of intense research of the best (and worst) environmental strategies used by businesses today. Andrew spent many days with hundreds of environmental, operational, and marketing executives at companies such as 3M, DuPont, IKEA, Dell, Intel, and Shell. Andrew distilled some of this knowledge into the landmark book, Green to Gold.
- Experience helping companies large and small tackle environmental issues. Andrew has advised Fortune 1000 companies such as IKEA, Coca-Cola, and Bank of America.
- Public speaking, writing, and blogging on green business, including appearances in national media outlets such as Time, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, and ABC News.